Scholarship management software built to maximize student success
Scholarship Lifecycle Manager (SLM) is designed to organize, manage, and streamline your scholarship workflow in one easy-to-use, reliable, cloud-based solution so you can free up time to focus on your mission. Whether your organization is focused on scholarships, other grants to individuals, or bursaries (Canada), SLM will help make your work easier and more impactful.
Accepting online applications saves your applicants and staff time and resources. And, with Scholarship Lifecycle Manager (SLM), you can quickly and easily make changes or create new applications yourself without calling us for a cost or time estimate. Your application management process is in your hands.
- Simplify the application with question branching so applicants only need to answer relevant questions.
- Further customize forms using tabled questions with pre-qualified information to minimize data entry.
- Enable students to apply for multiple scholarships with Foundant’s single Universal Application.
- Provide applicants peace of mind with auto-save and the ability to copy and paste when applying for multiple scholarships.
- Streamline the administration process, receive all information in a consistent format, and easily find everything associated with a scholarship application in one management system.
Get qualified students into applications and ensure no scholarship goes unfilled. Foundant’s matching criteria features save valuable time and improve the experience for both applicants and administrators.
- Eligibility Quiz: Help applicants by condensing a double (and sometimes triple) digit list of scholarships into a list of only those that are a match. Staff will know applicants are pre-qualified for the scholarships they are applying for based on the eligibility rules set by your team in our easy-to-use rule builder. Rules can be set in an AND or OR function to be as specific or broad as your donor’s requirements.
- Access Codes: Direct students to the most applicable awards program.
- Universal Application: Matching criteria makes it possible for students to be evaluated for all your scholarships and donors’ specific requirements with just one application. Even if a donor has additional questions or essays, the Universal Application streamlines the submission process and saves time for both applicants and administrators.
SLM makes collecting documentation easy for applicants, administrators, and third parties.
- Allow applicants to request third-party information including Letters of Recommendation and transcripts from higher education institutions in any required format.
- Keep everyone on track with automated email reminders to third parties and applicants.
- Streamline your workflow—third-party information is automatically attached to the correct application for administrative and committee review.
- Provide dashboard visibility for applicants, administrators, and third parties. Busy counselors managing multiple applications to multiple scholarships will appreciate being able to keep track of submitted and in-draft recommendations with a single dashboard.
Online Scholarship Reviews
Provide reviewers with a convenient and easy-to-use application review process. With SLM’s online reviews, you can easily:
- Enable reviewers to sort, score, and review applicants in an organized and efficient manner from any device that connects to the internet.
- Create efficiencies across your team with side-by-side evaluations, downloadable PDFs, and shared documents.
- Gather everything needed while collecting reviews, including scoring questions, comments, and conflict of interest statements.
- Choose which applicant information to make anonymous to reviewers (i.e., demographics) to eliminate any risk of bias.
- Communicate with reviewers within the application via a comment area that only administrators and reviewers can see.
- Check the status of reviewers and send automated reminders to ensure timely completion.
The scholarships are a really nice feature because it’s easy to look at the historical data for each scholarship, but then also once the grantee, the school, is in there it just makes the processing on the scholarships that much easier. We can easily schedule the payment if they need to go out later in the fiscal year.
Kitsap Community Foundation
Online Scholarship Acceptance and Renewal
Save time, create transparency, and eliminate confusion for both applicants and administrators.
- Take advantage of unlimited follow up forms to require everything you need a recipient to do after acceptance, from thank you letters to verification of enrollment.
- Send automated reminders and post-acceptance information that recipients can submit online and staff can easily track as items are received or become past due.
- Track conditions and requirements of multi-year awards.
- Manage renewable scholarships through follow ups and reminders, and tie them to further payment commitments from the funder.
Reporting and Analytics
Throughout the scholarship lifecycle, data is collected from applicants, third parties, reviewers, and staff. Imagine being able to quickly and easily access this information in one location to share your story with stakeholders. SLM makes this a reality.
- Group, sort, analyze, and visualize any collected data—including data on tables.
- Manipulate data using formulas, sorting, filters, groups, subgroups, aggregates, charts, or crosstabs.
- Select the data you want to report on and move it to our report builder to slice and dice as you’d like—whether by donor year over year or ranking evaluation information. With our helpful in-product how-tos, step-by-step training videos, and learning guides, anyone can quickly learn to create reports.
Do you also have a grants program? Learn about Grant Lifecycle Manager.
Are you a community foundation? Learn how SLM works with CommunitySuite.
Tour Foundant’s Scholarship Management Software
Service and Support
Our team is obsessed with client success and delivering an exceptional user experience. From the beginning, Foundant has honored a commitment to be more than a software vendor to our clients—we strive to exceed your expectations and build a partnership based on trust, transparency, empathy, and accountability.
Foundant enables your organization’s long-term success by providing:
- Data migration support to ease your transition
- Onboarding, ongoing training, and learning resources for all
- Dedicated Client Success Team
- Unlimited email, phone, and chat support
- Peer-to-peer idea sharing and collaboration through Compass, Foundant’s online community.